Goonawarra Primary School is an architect designed brick building that is unique in style.
All of our classrooms have been freshly painted and are fully carpeted and equipped with air conditioning and heating, making them comfortable places to learn and work.
Each classroom is equipped with:
- An indoor cloakroom
- A wet area
- An adjacent teacher’s office
- An indoor storage space
- Close proximity to two indoor toilet blocks for both Junior and senior students.
Additional facilities include:
- A well equipped Arts room
- A gymnasium for indoor physical education, assemblies and performances
- A well stocked Library and Information Centre
- An up to date Information and Communications Technology centre with an interactive whiteboard
- A synthetic grassed play area for our P-2 students
- Four basketball / netball courts
- Three sets of up to date playground equipment with shade cover
- Two sand pits
- A large grassed area for our 3-6 students to play on
- Concrete external games courts for down ball and hopscotch
- External verandas & covered ways for shelter
- Three separate outdoor seating areas
- An amphitheatre for class or team meetings
- An indoor atrium
- Landscaped gardens
- A canteen
- An out of hours care room
- Use of the Sunningdale Oval for senior sports.
Building works were completed in 2011 on a state-of-the-art Meeting Area and Learning Neighbourhood for 6 classes.